Dosing InformationThe dose that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your height and weight
- How you respond to carboplatin (especially whether you develop dangerous side effects)
- Other medications you may be taking (your particular chemotherapy regimen)
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Carboplatin Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of CarboplatinJust like any medicine, carboplatin may cause side effects. Like most forms of chemotherapy, this drug is capable of causing serious side effects.
Some of the most common side effects seen with carboplatin include but are not limited to:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Low levels of a certain type of white blood cell known as neutrophils (neutropenia)
- Low blood platelets (thrombocytopenia).
(Click Carboplatin Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsCarboplatin can potentially interact with a few other medications (see Carboplatin Drug Interactions).