Ovarian Cancer Home > Doxil
Side Effects of DoxilJust like any medicine, Doxil may cause side effects. Like most forms of chemotherapy, Doxil is capable of causing serious side effects.
- Low blood platelets (thrombocytopenia)
- Low levels of a certain type of white blood cells known as neutrophils (neutropenia)
- Hand-foot syndrome (pain, redness, and swelling of the palms and soles)
Drug InteractionsDoxil can potentially interact with a few other medications (see Doxil Drug Interactions).
- Congestive heart failure (CHF), an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia), or other heart problems
- A history of low levels of white blood cells in the blood (known medically as neutropenia)
- Any infection
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Had radiation
- Any allergies, including to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Doxil and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Doxil and Breastfeeding).