Ovarian Cancer Home > Hexalen Overdose
If you are taking Hexalen (altretamine) and believe you have overdosed on the drug, seek immediate medical care. Taking too much of this chemotherapy drug may lead to seizures, a coma, or even death. Treating this type of overdose may involve administering activated charcoal, pumping the stomach, and providing supportive care.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Low number of white blood cells, which could cause infections
- Low red blood cells (anemia)
- Low platelets, which could cause bruising and bleeding
- Medications, such as metoclopramide (Reglan®), to treat nausea and vomiting
- Benzodiazepines, such as diazepam (Valium®) or diazepam rectal gel (Diastat®), if seizures occur
- Fluids through an injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, injection).