Ovarian Cancer Home > Ovarian Cancer Survival Rate
Ovarian Cancer Survival Rate Based on StageThe stage of ovarian cancer plays a role in a woman's ovarian cancer prognosis. Based on historical data:
- 19 percent of ovarian cancer cases are diagnosed while the cancer is still confined to the primary site (localized stage)
- 7 percent of ovarian cancer cases are diagnosed after the cancer has spread to regional lymph nodes or directly beyond the primary site
- 68 percent of ovarian cancer cases are diagnosed after the cancer has already metastasized (distant stage)
- 7 percent of ovarian cancer cases had staging information that was unknown.
The corresponding 5-year relative ovarian cancer survival rates were:
- 93.1 percent for localized
- 69.0 percent for regional
- 29.6 percent for distant
- 23.3 percent for unstaged.
(Click Ovarian Cancer Statistics for more statistics on ovarian cancer.)